Friday, September 19, 2008

know-it-nothing

This blog is...incredible. Particularly this post and this one.

Inspired by the twenty-something blog, I've compiled my own list.

What I know (which isn't much):

Lovely Friends: As you get older and your friends no longer live down the hall (in my case) you have to make more of an effort. This means you can't go months and months without talking because no one has time for a 10 hour conversation to catch up on everything you've missed in each others lives. Call daily...or at least weekly, they're worth it and you need them. Those gal pals that saw you through all the travesties of college life will be your safety net in the real world too.

Wretched Boys: A couple years ago I had this idea (an idea, I got from a trusted friend) that any guy who had the courage to ask me out deserved at least one date. True & False. This is fun until you ultimately end up with a boyfriend and have to think back and say, "frick, I dated 17 guys in a matter of months." Proceed with caution.

Life Lessons: This one could go with lovely friends. I have learned that if you're a good listener and observer you can learn a lot from your friends life experiences. What did they do when their bf cheated on them? Did it work? How did they cope when they lost a job/had a baby/got caught in a lie/got a credit card? Life is about learning from previous life experiences, but no one ever said they had to be your own.

Big Girl Jobs: I grew up thinking my perfect career path would be nothing but happiness, which is why I'm 25 and still not completely sure what the crap I'm doing. Lies, all lies. The truth is you aren't going to be completely content every hour of every day with any career. But, if you find one you love and one that challenges you then when you succeed all the bad days will disappear. And I don't mean "Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life." That's some bs too, you'll still work.

Mom and Dad: Love them...always. Don't be afraid to ask for help...secretly, they like it.

Faith: Never doubt what you know. I know God is love and I know He is always my saving grace.

1 comment:

Beka Bullard said...

I like this one. I need to make a list of my own.