Monday, September 8, 2008

shameless promotion

I seriously debated posting this. I'm not quite sure why I've been reluctant, except that maybe it's a little narcissistic to post a link to your own story...on your own blog. Anyway, I've relented to my self-loving desire because--quite frankly--I'm proud.

Those that know me, know this battle I have with my writing goes way back. You know that I've tried pretty much every career path I could in order to not be a writer. I don't know how I knew--but I knew--that should I ever become a writer, it would be a path of misery with few bouts of sunshine.

This piece is the first sun ray in my "professional" writing career. I do hope it's not the last.

2 comments:

Dr. Erin and Mr. Heath said...

I'm so proud, I could cry! It was soooo good, Court! I hope you can see how talented you are. You amaze me.
Love and miss.

Beka Bullard said...

I loved it!! I am so glad you are finally doing what you are made to do. It's risky, but perfect all at the same time!