Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Umm...am I chemically imbalanced?

I could tell you more about my stressful semester but I feel I have shared this enough by now. However, let me just tell you that my motivated former self (you know the college girl who could juggle everything with a smile) is gone and in her place is a mid-twenties lady who just wants to hole up on the couch and watch Gossip Girl. It's really a good thing S & B only appear on the boob tube once a week.

What I should be doing right now:

Researching and writing a critic pick

Researching a feature story

Writing a story I've been working on for almost a year, that's still not done

Writing a business profile

Developing a research project for which the proposal is due in less than a week (I do think Gossip Girl will come in handy here though!)

Reading the countless books that are in my "books to read" pile

Figuring out how my bills will get paid.

What I am doing:

Writing this silly blog post

Checking my facebook & myspace

About to go to a staff meeting...UPDATE: staff meeting over--two hours later

Yesterday, I spent approximately 4 hours watching recorded episodes of Heroes, GG, and Greek...why do I do this to myself?

Checking my bank account, which is seriously sad

Absolutely nothing

Finally watching this hilarious clip

Why is it that when I get stressed out nowadays I can't seem to get motivated to do something to dig me out of my stress. This is not normal. Maybe I should make a to-do list...oh wait, I guess I just did that.

What do you do when you are stressed? How do you keep yourself motivated?

No comments: